Disposable Fluid Collection System
Medela's Disposable Fluid Collection System provides peace of mind through clever design. Safe and hygienic fluid management made easy. Peace of mind: Safe, hygienic fluid collection and disposal, silent operation < 50 dB(A), and easy single-handed operation ...through clever design: embedded high-flow bacteria and overflow filter, highly burst-resistant, double-layered liners, and automatic vacuum connection − no extra tubing.
Safety made easy
Medela's Disposable Fluid Collection System supports the safe collection and disposal of suctioned fluids. All liners are equipped with multiple safety features such as an overflow and bacteria filter, a smoke pre-filter and a check valve to prevent back-flow. The hard-top lid seals tightly and immediately enables operation at low noise levels. Because the vacuum is automatically attached to the liner through the jar, no extra vacuum tubing needs to be connected with every liner change.
Set-ups with change-over valves or serial connections enable handling of large volumes. The liners are made of non-toxic materials and can be disposed of in an environmentally-friendly manner.
Benefits of Disposable Fluid Collection System
- Low noise emission significantly reduces disturbance in the operating room
- Easy, smooth, single-handed operation
- Support to optimise safety and hygiene
- Full, compatible accessories range
- With 50 dB measured at 1 metre distance, Medela's liners are up to four times quieter than comparable models1.
- The vacuum is immediately applied through the hard-top lids, which easily snap onto the jar and are a perfect fit.
- The large liner handles, V-shaped jars and the jar's locking clasp enable single-handed operation.
- Thanks to the automatic vacuum connection through the jar, no extra tubing needs to be connected every time.
- Closed system with high-flow bacteria (99.999% retention1) and overflow filter, smoke pre-filter and patient backflow check valve.
- Double layered, highly burst-resistant1 PA/PE foil ensures optimum protection.
- Optional solidifier models eliminate the risk of spilling and may reduce cost of disposal2.
- Medela offers a full range of compatible accessories such as reusable jars, vacuum tubing, filters, specimen cups, patient tubings and carousel trolley.
Distinctive colour coding for less confusion: orange liner into orange jar; yellow liner into yellow jar.
The locking clasp keeps the jar securely in place for one-handed liner removal. If large amounts of fluid need to be suctioned, the system can be used in serial connection or with a special change-over valve.
1. Performance data on file at Medela AG
2. Depending on local disposal regulations