Disposable breastfeeding products - Solutions for every hospital and every situation
Medela’s aligned range of products and services aims to ensure the best support for the hospital, mom and infant. We understand that each hospital’s situation is unique and have expanded our range of disposable products to support each customer as needed. Medela now offers a complete and comprehensive range of disposable products that are available as both Ready-to-Use and sterile versions. They are intended for single or one-day use in hospitals, without any need for cleaning prior to first use-–which saves time and costs.
Improve hospital efficiency with Medela’s new range of disposables
With its disposable product range, Medela greatly simplifies the daily routine involved in breastfeeding and allows hospitals to improve process efficiency by eliminating the need for cleaning prior to first use. In order to provide tailored solutions for every hospital and situation, most disposables are available as both Ready-to-Use and Sterile versions.
Medela’s Ready-to-Use products are a hygienically safe (German Consulting Centre for Hospital Epidemiology and Infection Control, 2014) disposable product option for all markets where the use of a non-sterile product is allowed according to local guidelines or regulations. They have been approved for sick infants, preterm infants, term infants and their mothers (German Consulting Centre for Hospital Epidemiology and Infection Control, 2014) and can be used without prior cleaning.
- Products formed at over 150°C, destroying potential pathogens
- Production and packaging take place in a clean room under laminar flow*
- Samples from every LOT microbiologically tested (EN ISO 11737-1) before release
- More than 10 times cleaner than bottled water (Federal Ministry of Justice, 2001)
Medela’s sterile products undergo a validated process according to applicable standards (EN ISO 11737-1, EN ISO 11607-1, EN ISO 11607-2, EN ISO 11135-1) for sterile medical devices. Note that single sterile packaging guarantees sterility for each individual product until the packaging is opened or the expiry date is reached.
- Products treated with EO gas – verified as sterile for their entire shelf life
- Single sterile packaging guarantees sterility for each individual product
- Single-use products for minimum risk of contamination over time
* Laminar flow housing with air quality similar to EN ISO 8 or clean rooms EN ISO certified class 7 or 8 (EN ISO 14644-1)